Looking for a light and healthy dish that will actually fill you up? Try this Arugula Steak Salad. So simple to make, and with little effort you will have dinner on the table in no time.
What is Arugula?
If you haven’t had arugula before, you are really missing out. This green leaf vegetable is really delicious. It’s origin is Mediterranean, dating back to Roman times. Containing peppery notes, arugula is extremely versatile in which can be used in salads like this one, thrown on top of pizzas to add a different dimension of flavor or chopped up and added to pasta dishes.
Arugula Steak Salad
1/4 c. Feta Cheese (Crumbled)
3 c. Baby Arugula
1 Shallot (julienned)
1 Lemon (zest and juice)
2 tbsp. Olive Oil
1 lbs. Steak of Choice
Balsamic Reduction (optional)
GETTING DOWN TO BUSINESS:
- The choice for steak is all yours, as it really is up to your taste buds.
- Season steak with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Grill or sear your steak in a pan to the temperature of your liking.
- Remove from heat and let steak rest for five minutes before slicing.
- In a mixing bowl add arugula, lemon juice and zest, shallots and olive oil.
- Mix together, taste and season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Slice steak in to strips
- On a plate lay 1/2 portion of steak, then top with salad.
- Drizzle with balsamic reduction if you so desire.
Like the recipe? Leave a comment about what you thought.
Find Me on Facebook