Tis the season for holiday cooking. This cranberry stuffed chicken will help bring the holiday feel to your plates. A simple, yet tasty dish will have friends and family wishing every day was the holiday season.
4 large chicken breasts
1 packet stuffing mix
3 tbsp. dried cranberries
1 honey crisp apple- sliced
1 small shallot- julienned
1 tsp. dried sage
1/2 c. apple cider
1 tbsp. heavy cream
GETTING DOWN TO BUSINESS:
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Follow directions of the stuffing mix packet, and add cranberries to stuffing.
- Cut a pocket in your chicken breasts the length of the entire breast.
- Stuff the chicken breast with the stuffing.
- Sear the chicken breasts on both sides in a saute pan.
- Once seared, place chicken in oven for 15 minutes to finish cooking.
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside to rest.
- Return pan to heat and add shallots and apples and cook for 2 minutes,
- Add sage, apple cider and heavy cream. Bring to a boil and reduce the liquid until a thick sauce forms.
- Place over chicken and serve.
Find Me on Facebook